From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox 2.0.0.5
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:32:27
1 In <news:46A70555.3020502@×××××.com>,
2 "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >fire-eyes ha scritto:
5 >>> i just want to ask if it's ok to update to the new firefox,or if
6 >>> it's a serious sec problem?... :/
7 >>>
8 >>> thx...
9 >>
10 >> It's okay to update, as far as I know it's 2.0.0.5 and before (aka
11 >> everything...).
12 >>
13 >> Your best bet is to not use the password saving features, install
14 >> noscript (important: WIPE OUT it's whitelist, then selectively add
15 >> sites you trust).
16
17 At least not use the password manager for sites that essentially let
18 users host pages on them, e.g. social networking sites.
19
20 >Has the bug been fixed upstream?
21
22 I don't know -- they restrict access to security-sensitive bug entries
23 until after an official release with a patch has been put out. It's
24 possible they won't fix this one at all; see the third and fourth
25 paragraphs at <http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/93018>, and chase
26 links if you're really interested.
29 »Q«
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list