From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 10:38:33
1 Stroller writes:
2
3 > I have this /etc/portage/bin/post_sync file on a couple of systems,
4 > and strangely `equery b /etc/portage/bin/post_sync` doesn't tell me
5 > what package it belongs to. I might guess `eix`, but who knows?
6
7 It's part of portage, and it's called after a sync of the portage tree.
8
9 > Does anyone else experience this, please?
10 > Can anyone tell me what package it belongs to, or what its purpose is?
11 >
12 > It attracted my attention because /etc seems a funny place to keep a /
13 > bin.
14
15 Here's some explanation:
16 http://forum.soft32.com/linux/gentoo-portage-ftopict333785.html