From: hw <hw@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] local shared directory
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:19:34
1 Hi,
2
3 how can I make it so that multiple users on a system who create
4 files in a local, shared directory do have write access to files
5 created by other users within the shared directory?
6
7 The directory is group-writeable, and the users belong to the group
8 which owns the directory. This enables them to create files within
9 the shared directory, yet the files they create belong to the user
10 who created it, and other users cannot modify them. The sticky bit
11 is set so that the files are owned by user:common-group.
12
13 I would like to avoid changing the umask. If that cannot be avoided,
14 how do I change it? Users log in through x2goclient, and fvwm is
15 being executed on login.