From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 08:53:26
1 On 01/11/13 at 07:43pm, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I got the cable in. I hooked it up, nothing. Hmmmm. Then I
4 > turned around to look at my regular monitor and KDE had a pop up about a
5 > new video device. Oh really. I clicked to set it up and now I have a
6 > picture. No sound tho. I can't watch videos with no sound. I'll need
7 > to work on that. ;-)
8 >
9 > I just hope this cable is going to be long enough after I run it under
10 > the floor. I think it will but it's going to be close.
11 >
12 > Dale
13 >
14 > :-) :-)
15 >
16 > --
17 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
18
19 Hi Dale,
20
21 Try playing around with the settings in
22 System Settings -> multimedia -> Audio and Video -> Audio Hardware Setup
23 Basically you need to tell it to send the audio over HDMI instead of over
24 the standard audio port.
28 - Yohan Pereira
29
30 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
31 between a mermaid and a seal.
32 -- Mark Twain