From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USRobotics internal modem
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:29:53
1 On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:20:27PM +0200, contiemilio@××××××××.it wrote
2
3 > It has been a mere chance. During the configuration o KPPP I queried
4 > the modem, but the answer always was "modem busy".
5 > After many attempts,casually, I started a connection and . . . it worked!!
6 > Do not ask me why, I could not answer you.
7
8 One booby-trap I've run into is that, on my machine at least, a PCI
9 modem must be ttyS4 or higher. I find that I *MUST* set the following
10 in "make menuconfig"...
11
12 Device Drivers --->
13 Character devices --->
14 Serial drivers --->
15 (5) Maximum number of 8250/16550 serial ports
16
17 The PCI modem can't use the first 4 ports (DOS COM1: through COM4:),
18 so I have to set the driver to allocate at least 5 serial port numbers.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
22 My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list