From: Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] Q: Where does elogind get "--keeptty" set?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 21:24:01
1 After conversion to elogind I cannot start X11.
2
3 I've re-emerged PAM, though the ._cfg_system-auth tried to remove
4 elogind.so, oddly enough.
5
6 At this point my Xorg.0.log includes:
7
8 systemd-elogind: Logind integration requires -keeptty and
9 -keeptty was not provided, disabling elogind integration.
12 Looking for -keeptty I find:
13
14 <https://bugs.gentoo.org/599470>
15
16 I found 74 packages installed on my system with at least one systemd reference in them. Most only install service files. Some make use of systemd-journal. Only 10 make use of libsystemd-login, and I have now submitted all of them but x11-base/xorg-server. The latter has to be started with "-keeptty" to add systemd-login/elogind integration, and that argument is strictly for debugging.
17
18 Q: Any suggestions as to where or how I might avoid this or
19 supply -keeptty?
20
21 thanks
24 Steven Lembark