From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server 1.7.
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:11:06
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 04/10/2010 11:19 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> walt wrote:
4 >>> On 04/09/2010 10:41 PM, Dale wrote:> I searched the logs in /var/log
5 >>> and found this:
6 >>>>
7 >>>> (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check
8 >>>> in your X
9 >>>> (EE) NVIDIA(0): log file that the GLX module has been loaded in your X
10 >>>> (EE) NVIDIA(0): server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX
11 >>>> module. If
12 >>>
13 >>> #eselect opengl list
14 >>> Available OpenGL implementations:
15 >>> [1] nvidia * <------ Are you using this one?
16 >>> [2] xorg-x11
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >>
21 >> Yep. I saw it switch to that during the emerge but I typed it in to
22 >> make sure. I downgraded back to the old versions and things are
23 >> working now. I did have to recompile all the input stuff again but at
24 >> least it works.
25 >>
26 >> According to the forums, this is a known problem since xorg is
27 >> updated but apparently nvidia is not yet.
28 >
29 > Yes, I see now. It works for me because I have the ~ version of the
30 > nvidia driver
31 > unmasked. I run the most recent kernel from Linus and the stable
32 > driver won't compile
33 > against his newer kernels.
37 I think this is a version mismatch thing. Xorg, nvidia and maybe
38 something else just don't like the currently available versions at the
39 moment. I did try that keyworded nvidia driver for my card but it
40 wasn't happy with it either. I think that was why I had a black
41 screen. I dunno.
42
43 At least it is working for now and maybe when the next version is
44 released all this will be fixed.
45
46 Dale
47