From: millerhe1@×××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2006.1 installation fails on intels 965 chipset basedmoderboard
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 19:59:56
1 The old knoppix installl comes to mind.
2 Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless
3
4 -----Original Message-----
5 From: Nadav Horesh <nadavh2000@××××××××.uk>
6 Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 15:01:33
7 To:gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 Subject: [gentoo-user] 2006.1 installation fails on intels 965 chipset based
9 moderboard
10
11 I got a core duo machine with an intel motherboard with the 965 chip set. There is a sata HD and ide DVD.  The installation disk fails to boot since the jernel does not recognize the dvd.  I tried the following bios configurations:
12 * switch between ahci  and ide
13 * switch between legacy and advanced (native) mode
14 * boot with "gentoo apic=off"
15 Nothing worked.
16 If I understood right, only 2.6.18 kernel would fully support ICH8, and that the 965 chipset douse not support AC'97 sound. Is there a way to do a functional installation of gentoo on this system?
17
18   Nadav
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list