From: "John J. Foster" <gentoo-user@××××××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo_Users Mailing_List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:09:15
1 Dale - I've been using Fastmail since 2005. Absolutely no issues at all.
2 I do pay for the enhanced account.
3
4 Good luck
5 festus
6
7 On Thu, Jan 26, 2012, at 01:16 AM, Dale wrote:
8 > Hi list,
9 >
10 > I ran across this news item about Google:
11 >
12 > http://alturl.com/s7xi5
13 >
14 > The long URL is below. I'm sort of getting to where I don't like Google
15 > since they seem to be doing things that I'm just not comfy with. Next
16 > they will want a camera on my rig so they can watch me surf. I found a
17 > search engine that may work. It is here:
18 >
19 > www.ixquick.com
20 >
21 > Does anyone have a better search tool? I don't like Yahoo either. I do
22 > like froogle so that would be a bonus. You know, shopping tool.
23 >
24 > Now to my next issue. I'm thinking about switching emails too. Yea,
25 > everyone on here knows my addy but I bet most can recognize my posts
26 > anyway. Plus, if the init thingy goes south, well, it happens. Anyway,
27 > what is a nice stable email account server that allows pop access,
28 > Seamonkey as the email program, that is not tracking everything or nosey
29 > as heck? Free would be nice but I would pay something inexpensive on a
30 > yearly basis if it is really good. I think Yahoo has this but ain't
31 > they sort of like Google already? Plus, I'm not sure how much longer
32 > Yahoo is going to last or make similar changes itself. I'm sort of
33 > getting tired of switching emails every time I switch ISPs or there is a
34 > policy change. That is why I switched to gmail in the first place. No
35 > matter what ISP I use, I can still use Gmail. Yet, here I am again.
36 >
37 > Thoughts? Suggestions?
38 >
39 > Dale
40 >
41 > :-) :-)
42 >
43 > Long URL just in case the shorty above doesn't work. It may be broken
44 > tho. Copy and paste alert.
45 >
46 > http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/google-tracks-consumers-across-products-users-cant-opt-out/2012/01/24/gIQArgJHOQ_story.html?wpisrc=al_comboNE_b
47 >
48 > --
49 > I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
50 > how you interpreted my words!
51 >
52 > Miss the compile output? Hint:
53 > EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"