From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preserved rebuild failure with python
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 14:50:21
1 On Tue, Dec 06 2016, Adam Carter wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:37 PM, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I can't complete an emerge @preserved-rebuild due to the lack of
6 >> python3.3.
7 >>
8 >> However, I read the news article and have set the python3 interpreter to
9 >> python3.4
10 >>
11 >> allan ~ # eselect python list --python3
12 >> Available Python 3 interpreters:
13 >> [1] python3.3
14 >> [2] python3.4 *
15 >> allan ~ # eselect python list
16 >> Available Python interpreters:
17 >> [1] python2.7 *
18 >> [2] python3.3
19 >> [3] python3.4
20 >> allan ~ #
21 >>
22 >> Here is the output from emerge @preserved-rebuild
23 >>
24 >> allan ~ # emerge @preserved-rebuild
25 >>
26 >> These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
27 >>
28 >> Calculating dependencies... done!
29 >>
30 >> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-lang/python:3.3".
31 >> (dependency required by "@preserved-rebuild" [argument])
34 > Something appears to want 3.3 specifically, not 3.x. Try adding -v to
35 > emerge to try to work out which package it is, then check the ebuilds of
36 > other versions to see if there's one that's not dependent on 3.3.
37
38 The -v had no effect (I assume you meant to add it as below)
39
40 allan ~ # emerge -v @preserved-rebuild
41
42 These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
43
44 Calculating dependencies... done!
45
46 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-lang/python:3.3".
47 (dependency required by "@preserved-rebuild" [argument])
48
49 thanks,
50 allan
51
52 PS adding --ignore-default-opts made no difference