From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:25:30
1 On 9 June 2011 12:16, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2011-06-08 9:25 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >> After that, machines on my local network (including wifi) can get both
4 >> IPv4 and IPv6 addresses from the router and can talk to the outside
5 >> world on either network.
6 >
7 > I'm getting a headache...
8 >
9 > Is there a decent guide that explains IPV6 for noobs who don't speak IP?
10 > Meaning, in plain english, how to set it up and make it work, without
11 > having to understand all of the granular technical aspects?
12 >
13 > Also - how long is it going to be before there are parts of the internet
14 > that you can't get to without speaking IPV6?
15
16 There's a number of howto's in google, but I'm not sure how they work
17 if you are running a laptop and connect through different networks
18 with/without ipv6 provision.
19
20 This is the Gentoo guide: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ipv6.xml
21 --