From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge @world command successful
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 00:00:37
1 I did the command in the handbook after adding a few accessibility
2 packages for the system and I have -j2 in MAKEJOBS in
3 /etc/portage/make.conf. The older machine doesn't like to do parallel
4 compiles with acpi, but it had no issue doing them with apm on. If you
5 will use linux, you will learn lots about your hardware. The newer
6 machine I have has comparatively small ssd drives 120GB as opposed to the
7 older machine most drives are 2tb and the one gentoo is on is 3tb in size.
8 The new machine has 14GB of memory available older machine much less than
9 that.
10 One interesting thing that happened is when I tried doing emerge
11 --depclean I was told I have no @world file.