From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Converting time formats
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 00:50:37
1 On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 11:37 -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > I asked this once before but I can't find it. I have a log file that
3 > has time stamps that look like this:
4 >
5 > lastrun = 1306574899
6 >
7 > What do I use to get the human time for that? I thought it was the date
8 > command but I couldn't find it in the man page. I tried google but I
9 > can't recall what that time stamp is called either so not sure what to
10 > search for.
11 >
12 > Could someone enlighten me a little bit here?
13 >
14 > Thanks.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 >
18 > :-) :-)
21 As well as your other replies, check out ccze
22
23 rattus ~ # esearch ccze
24 [ Results for search key : ccze ]
25 [ Applications found : 1 ]
26
27 * app-admin/ccze
28 Latest version available: 0.2.1-r2
29 Latest version installed: 0.2.1-r2
30 Size of downloaded files: 136 kB
31 Homepage: http://dev.gentoo.org/~joker/ccze/ccze.txt
33 License: GPL-2
36 Pass your log through it for nicely coloured text (words like "alarm"
37 and "error" are bright red to stand out) as well as converting date
38 epoch on the fly, leaving it in context.
39
40 BillK
45 William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
46 Home in Perth!