From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Burn-in test
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 03:08:33
1 On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I just bought a new laptop:
3 > http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=019626&cid=896.645
4 > Which packages should I emerge (and run) as a burn-in test?
5 > Note: I will run the burn-in off either a stock or custom-mastered
6 > Gentoo LiveDVD.
7 > If the disc needs custm mastering, please outline the steps required.
8 >
9 > Thanks!
10
11 Out of an old habit of abusing windows boxes with prime95 at work...
12
13 emerge gimps
14 mprime -t -w/tmp/
15
16 I didn't use a gentoo-emerged copy when I tested my new desktop last
17 week... I just threw a copy from ftp://mersenne.org/gimps/ onto a usb
18 key and packed that and my gentoo amd64 livecd with me to put all the
19 parts together. That copy, at least, ran the torture test on both
20 cores by default. A little over 24hrs was enough to satisfy me... I
21 test systems that *have* to be dependable for a few days to a week.
22
23 --
24 Poison [BLX]
25 Joshua M. Murphy