From: Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 2.26 stable?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:50:33
1 === On Wed, 09/30, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote: ===
2 > Without any ranting ... I feel kind of stupid waiting for GNOME 2.26
3 > going stable within the gentoo-tree while GNOME 2.28 is out now at
4 > gnome.org.
5
6 ===
7
8 Just FYI, I always run unstable (now ~amd64), and rarely have problems,
9 and those are mostly compile problems related to my particular mix of
10 USE flags. Those are quickly fixed. Once running, everything has been
11 stable for me. I guess that since "unstable" is so stable that no one
12 is inclined to unmask it for "stable" mask. ;-)
13
14 So go for it...
15
16 By far the biggest headaches have been all the changes happening in the
17 Xorg world, but that seems to have stabilized now also.
18
19 But always keep in mind that as a Gentoo user you are your own system's
20 integrator...
24 -- Keith Dart
28 Keith Dart
29 <keith@×××××××××.biz>