From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot fonts in firefox]
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 07:30:08
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Can anyone here coach me a little about getting a decent look in
3 > firefox.
4 >
5 > I've monkeyed around with the font settings endlessly but it seems I
6 > can only get a look where like in a google search.. The hits are
7 > displayed in a decent and reasonable size. But the font size in the
8 > search box where you enter your terms is much bigger.... It seams nothing I
9 > do in the supplied font adjustment settings has any effect on that
10 > font.
11 >
12 > You can see the window grab here:
13 > www.jtan.com/~reader/vu/disp.cgi
14 >
15 > It doesn't look all that bad but notice how big the font in the search
16 > box is compared to the index of hits. The font inside search box is
17 > not bold but is a fair bit larger font size than even the headlines in
18 > the index of hits.
19 >
20 > How do you control the font inside that search box? And how do you
21 > get a reliable size in the rest of it.. I tried checked and unchecked
22 > on the item that says [] let the pages show their own fonts.
23 > Doesn't seem to matter either way
24 >
25 > I've tried numerous setting on the various font sizes available in the
26 > Edit/preferences font and advanced dialogs. But I haven't found a
27 > combination the just works for most stuff.
33 I have the same thing in Seamonkey. The problem is that you can adjust
34 the font size but not the size of the box itself. Google in this case
35 controls that. I don't know of a way to workaround this myself.
36
37 I have seen this same thing on different sites so it is not going to be
38 just google either.
39
40 Dale
41