From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] swiching from gnome to gnome-light
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:58:01
1 On Sunday 25 February 2007, Vikas Kumar wrote:
2 > On 03:14 Sun 25 Feb , Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 25 February 2007, JC D <mail2jcdx@×××××.de> wrote
4 > >
5 > > about '[gentoo-user] swiching from gnome to gnome-light':
6 > > > I am planning of switching from gnome to gnome-light. How can I
7 > > > unmerge gnome and in particular remove all packages like games,
8 > > > gnumeric, abiword and so on. I found that I actually do not use
9 > > > them so I think gnome-light should be enough.
10 > >
11 > > emerge -C gnome
12 > > emerge gnome-light
13 > > emerge -a --depclean
14 >
15 > and,
16 > revdep-rebuild
19 Some Monday humour. Actually, it should be more like:
20
21 emerge -C gnome
22 emerge gnome-light
23 emerge -a --depclean
24 come_back_to_here:
25 revdep-rebuild -i
26 emerge -a --depclean
27 if error_count!=0 then
28 goto come_back_to_here
29 else
30 break
31 endif
32
33 Yes, that looks much better now... :-)
34
35 alan
38 Optimists say the glass is half full,
39 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
40 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
41
42 Alan McKinnon
43 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
44 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list