From: Wol <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sync-type: rsync vs git
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 20:10:53
1 On 27/04/2022 17:24, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > IOW, I want all the changes made during a single "sync" to go into my
3 > local repo as a single commit regardless of how many commits have been
4 > made to the master repo since my previous "sync". I think git can do
5 > that -- whether the emerge sync settings in /etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf
6 > allow me to tell emerge to tell git to do that is the question.
7
8 I don't know as that will do you any good.
9
10 Just use git tags, every time you do a "sync; emerge", just tag the
11 repository with the date. So when you list the tags you'll see all the
12 dates you did an update, and by branching to that tag, you'll be able to
15 I just use "lvm snapshot" :-)
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol