From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocking sites for some users
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 18:27:59
1 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > What do people use these days to filter out websites?
6 >
7 > I would prefer to have a white-list and block everything else. With
8 > the option to bypass this filter for certain authenticated users.
9 >
10 > Reason: I don't want my daughter to see unsuitable websites when she
11 > starts looking for cat pictures and instead of wasting time
12 > identifying every single p*rn site in the world, I would prefer to
13 > simply white-list sites she wants to go to after checking them.
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 >
17 > Joost
18
19 I don't use any kind of content filter but I think squidguard
20 would be a solution for that (there is also a squidguard plugin
21 for pfsense).
22
23 Another solution would be Sophos UTM. It is a proprietary product
24 but it is free for personal use.
27 Regards
28 wabe