From: Ralf Stephan <ralf@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how do you keep up with system administration?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 17:20:50
1 You wrote
2 > How often do you sync with the current portage tree and compare it
3 > your versions in "world"? Should one do this once a week? Once in
4 > two weeks?
5
6 I have settled to a 5-day routine, when I sync, update completely
7 the system target, and go through the listing of changes to world,
8 where I only upgrade things important to me or those which have a
9 big gap in the version number or a new major number.
10
11 This doesn't cost me much personal and CPU time.
14 ralf
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list