From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problem with Adobe flash
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 14:25:02
1 On 19/01/15 05:11, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Typically, when I try to watch a short movie from a general news site,
3 > it stops quickly with an error message : it seems not to download fast enough.
4 > I assumed this was a problem with Adobe flash (all versions),
5 > but on the Mageia system I also have installed in the same machine
6 > there's no problem at all : downloading goes much faster & completes
7 > & the movies -- news or historical -- are shown in full.
8 >
9 > In both systems, the binary is /usr/bin/flash-player-properties ;
10 > Gentoo has /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
11 > & /etc/adobe/mms.cfg (which seems to be all about security),
12 > both of which are absent or installed elsewhere by Mageia.
13 >
14 > Can anyone suggest what's going wrong with Adobe flash on Gentoo ?
15
16 Can you reproduce the problem with Google's version of Flash? (It's
17 bundled with Google Chrome.)