From: Fernando Antunes <fs.antunes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:20:21
1 On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > So, after having plenty of trouble working on getting Gentoo set up to
4 > work with my new laptop, I'm finally able to run 'iwlist wlan0 scan'
5 > and see the 15 or so cells in immediate area.
6 >
7 > Rather than going straight wpa_supplicant or using NetworkManager on
8 > this machine, I thought I'd give wicd a try. Trouble is, wicd, for
9 > whatever reason, isn't seeing any any of the cells. If I run "wicd-cli
10 > --wireless -l", I get a list's headers, but no observed networks. If I
11 > run "wicd-cli --wireless -S", I get no output at all.
12 >
13 > The page on gentoo-wiki.com for wicd[1] talks about a few
14 > configuration files for manual configuration, but those aren't present
15 > on the filesystem, and there are no manpages for them.
18 > [1] http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Wicd#Manual_Configuration
19 > --
22 As far I can remeber, I just removed net.ethX from /etc/init.d and ran
23 rc-confg add wicd boot.
24
25 Inside wicd preference I set wlan0 and eth0 as my network interfaces.
28 :wq