From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] empty cdrom drive is busy or mounted
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 16:45:04
1 On 2019.08.16 12:26, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 08/16/2019 05:25:34 PM, Jack wrote:
3 >> try "lsof /cdrom"?  It says the mount point, not the device, might
4 >> be busy.
5 >
6 > Unfortunately, the problem is still there.
7 >
8 > dmesg shows
9 >
10 > [ 1326.461161] systemd-udevd[9882]: Process 'cdrom_id --eject-media
11 > /dev/sr0' failed with exit code 1.
14 > But does that mean?
15 My guess is that you have not fully purged your system of systemd. I
16 have a few dmesg entries from udevd, but nothing that mentions
17 systemd. Does "ps auxf | grep systemd" show anything? It does not for
18 me.
19
20 Does "eix systemd" show anything installed? It does not for me. There
21 is also a setting in the kernel config (at the very bottom) about
22 whether you use openrc or systemd, but I use gentoo-sources, and
23 suspect that's a gentoo addition that probably controls some other
24 settings. It looks like they just enable all other setting necessary
25 for either the script based inits (including openrc) or for systemd, so
26 it looks like it would be safe to have both set.
27
28 Jack