From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KVM networking help (solved)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 08:19:27
1 On Jul 17, 2013 11:58 PM, "Nilesh Govindrajan" <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I need some help settling up networking with KVM machines.
6 >
7 > I have one public interface with four publicly accessible IPs.
8 >
9 > I want to run a private virtual network for the VMs, such that every VM
10 can access every other VM and host, also host can access every VM (required
11 for NAT).
12 >
13 > So far I tried this:
14 >
15 > Create two tap interfaces.
16 > Add them to a bridge
17 > Assign IP to bridge
18 > Set different MACs for VMs' NICs.
19 >
20 > This let's me access one VM to another also VM to host (not sure about
21 this, ping works).
22 > But I'm not able to use host to VM (ping works), I'm not able to connect
23 to sshd running inside VM from host.
24
25 Alon, thanks a lot for the guide. It worked.
26 Also was missing a iptables rule to allow bridging traffic.
27
28 William, sounds interesting, will check it out later.
29
30 PS: I was subscribed to digest and didn't get digest in more than 24h, so
31 replying to my own message.