From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X-Forwarding over wireless
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:14:55
1 > > Is anyone using X-Forwarding over a local wireless connection? I'm
2 > > forwarding a couple of light apps and they work fine with -Y but -X is
3 > > unusable.
4 >
5 > Not sure why it would work with -Y but not -X, but in any case if it
6 > works with -Y why not just use that?
7 >
8 > But yes, I do use X11 forwarding over wireless (actually wireless and
9 > through a VPN) and it's been reliable... well rather than reliable I
10 > should say as reliable as any other wireless connection.
11
12 I wonder if I need more power on the machine running the apps instead
13 of more bandwidth. It has 512MB and I do need to upgrade that, but it
14 feels like a bandwidth problem when I'm running vmware via
15 X-Forwarding.
16
17 - Grant
18 --