From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Q: How is that terminus technicus for...
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:19:50
1 On Sunday 16 Nov 2014 13:49:02 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I connected a Arietta.G25 via Ethernet over USB (using a simple USB
5 > cable and hardware USB->Ethernet Adaptor to my Gentoo PC. I can ssh
6 > on that little tiny board. Now I want to access the internat from
7 > within the Arietta. Therefore all requests need to be transfered from
8 > the Arietta board to my PC, which then plays the role of an ISP to
9 > the Arietta board and itself places the requests to the internet
10 > instead of the Arietta board itself.
11 >
12 > But this is a too longish explanation to be put into a google request.
13 >
14 > Is there any name for that...so I am able to find the tutorials/howtos
15 > myself?
16 >
17 > Sorry...I am no native english speaker...
18 >
19 > Best regards,
20 > Meino
21 >
22 > PS: What USB->Ethernet adaptor could one recommend...the Arietta is
23 > USB-powered...?
24
25 Sorry, I don't even know what Arietta may be. You need to be able to forward
26 packets from Arietta via your PC and 'masquerade' their address. If the
27 connection was via ethernet, then something like this would work:
28
29 echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
30 iptables -t nat -F
31 iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j MASQUERADE
32
33 However, I am not sure if something special is needed for a USB to PC
34 connection, it depends what the USB connection shows up as. I hope this gets
35 you on the right path.
38 Regards,
39 Mick