From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Program for posting to a Newsgroup
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 05:57:55
1 On 2016-07-13 03:15 +0000, James wrote:
2
3 > I just use thunderbird to post to nntp, assuming you have access to
4 > the nntp server, just configure thunderbird or many any advance email
5 > program may have that ability, to post to an nntp server.
6
7 I should have made it more clear that I meant a command line, pipe
8 friendly, Unix toolkit bit.
9
10 There are such tools for SMTP (swaks if nothing else). Why not for
11 NNTP? Why does news posting apparently require a huge monolithic "app"?
14 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
15 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?