From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get text only console on livecd install
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 18:12:30
1 On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 05:38:06AM -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > How can I force a text only console when installing from live cd?
3 > (This is the most recent livecd for x86 on www.gentoo.org)
4 >
5 > There appears only gentoo or gentoo-nofb...as boot choices and either
6 > of those ends in a gui.
7
8 Usually I'm using gentoo-livedvd, but I think "gentoo nox" should work
9 with cd too (it is on "option" page when booting)...
10
11 But what I find strange is that only one single terminal is opened.
12 Trying Alt+F2 or Ctrl+Alt+F2 does not switch me to other one...
13
14 Jarry
18 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
19 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.