From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Issues with Dependencies
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 00:24:19
1 On Saturday 01 April 2006 01:52, Lord Sauron wrote:
2 > Hi, I'm having a bit more trouble.
3 >
4 > I'm trying to re-compile KDE so that maybe some functionality which
5 > didn't compile right the first time will work. However, it says I've
6 > got some broken dependencies.
7 >
8 > localhost ~ # emerge --pretend kde
9 >
10 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
11 >
12 > Calculating dependencies ...done!
13 > [blocks B ] =kde-base/kbounce-3.4* (is blocking
14 > kde-base/kdegames-3.4.3) [blocks B ] =kde-base/libkdegames-3.4* (is
15 [SNIP]
16
17 > I don't know what to do. I don't want to loose Quanta+ or
18 > KLaptopDaemon, and I frankly didn't know Kommander was there...
19 >
20 > Please help a old Debian person who isn't used to doing this stuff by
21 > himself... Oh, I already tried emerge --depclean, but that didn't fix
22 > all the problems apparently. In the mean time I'll try remerging
23 > KLaptopDaemon, but I would like to resolve these issues to both learn
24 > how and to make life easier in the future.
25
26 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-config.xml#doc_chap2
27
28 You are trying to install the monolithic packages while what you have
29 installed are the split packages. I would recommend that you stick with the
30 split packages and emerge kde-meta instead of kde. That way you will have the
31 option to uninstall packages that you don't use later on without having to
32 remerge anything.
35 Bo Andresen
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list