From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Detecting 64 bit Intel chips
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:23:40
1 On Wednesday 05 March 2008, cypherstrong wrote:
2 > Of course :)
3 >
4 > the test for amd64 could be fast with a livecd
5
6 That might suit someone who's sitting with a new and unknown box on the
7 desk in front of them. I usually have to discover this for machines
8 that are in some unknown location and to which I only have ssh access.
9
10 Rebooting is most certainly not an option, even if i could get a CD into
11 them. If I do that, the SLA kicks in and that will bankrupt the
12 company...
13
14 > ... or with cpuinfo
15 > and good knowledge of flags
16
17 The combination of what flags does what and which model number is which
18 actual cpu product is much much more complex than I ever thought :-)
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list