From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] monitoring system resource usage
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:55:53
1 >>>> Can anyone recommend a method for monitoring system resource usage in
2 >>>> a way that would allow me to correlate a rise in my web server's
3 >>>> response time with the usage of a particular system resource if such a
4 >>>> correlation exists? I don't need it to be 100% accurate, just
5 >>>> accurate enough to be able to make the correlation with a reasonable
6 >>>> degree of certainty.
7 >>>
8 >>> http://munin-monitoring.org/
9 >>
10 >> Looks very cool indeed! I am reading more about it now. Do you find
11 >> it easy to set up and maintain?
12 >
13 > In my opinion it's very easy to setup. Basically you just merge it,
14 > enable your plugins (via symlink), add munin-node to the runlevel and
15 > make sure the munin cron job is enabled. Then just browse to
16 > http://localhost/munin
17 >
18 > There's also a entry on the gentoo wiki: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Munin
19
20 Do you have CGI graphs working? I can generate CGI HTML and I can CGI
21 zoom on graphs but I can't get munin to generate CGI graphs instead of
22 generating them statically. I'm not sure Gentoo's
23 /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/munin.include is right since it doesn't
24 reference /munin-cgi/munin-cgi-html/ at all.
25
26 - Grant