From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to put in chroot mtab
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 14:10:33
1 On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I run a couple of chroots on this box to build packages for other boxes on the
5 > LAN. So far, I haven't worked out what I should populate /etc/mtab with in
6 > each chroot. Is it enough to "grep ext4 /etc/mtab > /mnt/chroot/etc/mtab"?
7 > That catches all the physical partitions, but I imagine I need to add some
8 > /proc, /sys and /dev entries as well, but is there a simple formula for doing
9 > this?
10
11 ln -sf /proc/self/mounts > /etc/mtab
12
13 Problem solved, mostly. I still get some garbage in mount output in
14 containers, but this seems to be the way everything is going.
15
16 Rich