From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Scrolling and redraw visibly slowed
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:09:34
1 I just completed an sync and update world. It invovled moving to
2 kde-3.5.3.
3
4 I'm noticing a quite visible difference in how windows appear in kde.
5
6 For example: If I grab the title bar of firefox and relocate it an
7 inch or two I see a pause then the window is redrawn from bottom to
8 top over about a second.
9
10 If I say `ls -l /etc' in an xterm I see a sort of rippling happen as
11 the list is drawn.
12
13 vim /etc/apache2/httpd.conf then scroll and I see that sort of
14 rippling effect instead of smother scrolling.
15
16 All of this appears different and slower than before.
17
18 What things might contribute to this or need configuration?
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list