From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nepomuk is eating my disk space
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:12:54
1 Am Dienstag 27 September 2011, 03:18:56 schrieb Peter Humphrey:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > My /home partition is 15GB, and the other day KDE warned me it was down to
5 > 1% free. I found that
6 > .kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/soprano-
7 > virtuoso.db
8 > was occupying 12GB, so I deleted it and rebooted.
9 >
10 > Today it's already 3GB after only a few days. B.g.o has no virtuosobackend
11 > or soprano-virtuoso.db bugs. As it's apparently impossible nowadays to
12 > install KDE without nepomuk and friends, what does the team think is a good
13 > way to tame this beast? This is an amd64 box, not ~amd64.
14
15 well, you can turn it off.
16 problem solved.
17
18 last time I checked, nepomuk took 28mb... yeah megabytes.
19
20 And for ram usage: there is a setting for that.
23 #163933