From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simplest NTP client for standalone system?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 11:25:27
1 On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 09:49:58AM -0700, Rich Freeman wrote
2 > On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 8:32 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Another example is LVM. You or I might really need it (debatable now we
5 > > have ZFS) but the average user has no concept of what it might be, or
6 > > care. So why do Ubuntu installers shove it in your face as something
7 > > really cool that you should really really use? Because the author of the
8 > > installer thinks it's really cool, that's why.
11 > Maybe.
12 >
13 > Or maybe because when that computer's hard drive starts getting full
14 > and you add a new hard drive, if you're using lvm with a few commands
15 > you can make your /home expand across both drives, while with straight
16 > partitions that is a lot more work.
17
18 1) I don't recall having added a hard drive for many years.
19
20 2) How difficult is it to symlink directories?
23 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
24 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications