From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Globally disabling colour
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 11:29:01
1 Greetings,
2
3 having freshly erm ... converted from Ubuntu to Gentoo and thus being an
4 absolute Gentoo newbie I'm desparately looking for a way to get rid of
5 all the colour in the output produced by "emerge" but also by "qlist",
6 "eix", "e-file" and so on.
7
8 Is there a way to globally configure this for all these commands? I've
9 already added 'NOCLOR="false"' to my "make.conf" file but this doesn't
10 seem to do the trick. Do I really have to remember for each call to one
11 of these commands to disable colour individually and in addition have to
12 remember what's the correct "nocolor" option for the command at hand?
13
14 Any pointers welcome ... :-)
15
16 Sincerely,