From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] unknown process filled up /tmp partition
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 02:07:34
1 Although it was not in a separate partition, my /tmp directory was
2 filled with files looking like this:
3 /tmp/magick-XXzxp1lE*ppm
4 There were so many of them that ls or rm or dir wouldn't deal with
5 them. I finally deleted them. Kdirstat showed a tremendous chunk of
6 my / partition used up by numerous files in /tmp.
7
8 This brings up some questions:
9
10 What program? I have been trying out alot of dvd ripping and
11 playing, encoding, video and audio programs. I had just tried
12 "lives". Does that ring a bell with anyone?
13
14 Is it adviseable to arrange to automatically delete all temporary
15 files when booting?
16 If so, how to do this?
17 How would one sleuth this out, to find the offending program---the
18 one that generated these files?
21 I would appreciate any ideas, even though normalcy seems to have
22 returned, now that files have been deleted.
23
24 Alan Davis
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list