From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} LWP::UserAgent slows website
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 22:10:25
1 > A little more infromation would help. like what webserver, what kind of
2 > requests, etc
3 >
4 > -Kevin
5
6 It's apache and the requests/responses are XML. I know this is
7 pathetically little information with which to diagnose the problem.
8 I'm just wondering if there is a tool or method that's good to
9 diagnose things of this nature.
10
11 - Grant
14 >> I have a script that makes 6 successive HTTP requests via
15 >> LWP::UserAgent. It runs fine and takes only about 3 seconds, but
16 >> whenever it is run I start receiving alerts that my website is
17 >> responding slowly to requests. This lasts for up to around 10
18 >> minutes. I've tried turning the timeout down to 3 seconds and I've
19 >> tried LWPx::ParanoidAgent but the behavior is the same.
20 >>
21 >> Can anyone tell me how to go about tracking this down?
22 >>
23 >> - Grant