From: Jan Schneiders <mail@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Add drivers to kernel source?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:03:12
1 Hi,
2
3 Does anyone know how I can add the rtl8180 driver (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114161&package_id=123638&release_id=320500
4 - rtl8180-0.21.tar.gz) to a kernel source, and making it work so I
5 can compile the driver (as module) with for example genkernel? All
6 other drivers I needed to add had a kernel patch, which just had to be
7 run to add the driver to the source (so I can compile the kernel - for
8 use on a live CD - with the driver, with for example genkernel), but
9 this one just contains some source files...
10
11 I figured that I have to copy the driver to the /drivers/net/wireless
12 folder, and that I have to add some stuff to the Kconfig file, I only
13 don't know what I have to add exactly, and which other files I have to
14 edit.
15
16 Could anyone please help me? Thanks in advance!!!
17
18 Jan.