From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: open source monitoring on gentoo
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:49:29
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > 1. Nothing out there just does everything a large network would really
5 > want.
6
7 JFFNMS is the best I have found. I'm still running an 8.3 version.
8
9 When I get a chance I'll fix it up to 0.9.x and get the
10 issues with postgresql 9.x fixed and documented. I got
11 slammed with building a new facility and too many work
12 related issues to do much with the new (jffnms) code
13 at this time.
14
15 If someone has some time and familiarity with Gentoo
16 ebuilds, it would not take more than a few hours to
17 follow my tracks and finish up everything. You can monitor
18 any snmp (1,2,3) device and it is absolutely fabulous
19 with most routers and switches, particularly Cisco.
20
21 It uses python and the lead developer, Craig is very
22 responsive to help and others contributing code. The project
23 stalled when the previous dev left; where he is customizing
24 JFFNMS for a communications conglomerate.
25
26 It also runs on Mysql if that is your preference, and that
27 version would be quite easy to get the ebuild updated.
28
29 check it out! www.jffnms.org
30
31 hth,