From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SCP bash script
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 13:24:14
1 On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM, LiangYun Gong <kit393@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I have a problem with scp bash script. I was trying to automate scp command
5 > to copy files in and out, and I was trying to avoid key in the password
6 > myself.
7 >
8 > So I attempt to use the "here string" feature of bash, it didn't work with
9 > scp.
10 >
11 > And those server I am working with, they don't have expect package
12 > installed. :-(
13 >
14 > ps. I am not supposed to change the configuration of the servers( includes
15 > setup openssh keys, or install expect)
16
17 Typically you would copy local:~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub (or non dsa
18 equivalent) into remote:~/.ssh/authorized_keys - since that's only
19 user level, no need for root access. Its changing the configuration of
20 the user on the remote machine, but since that user is you, its
21 usually ok.
22
23 You then use -i with scp.