From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:29:36
1 On 06/24/2009 03:06 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >[...]
3 > Family gets no MythTV for a few days, or maybe forever?
4 >
5 > I'm trying to mask things to check this and emerge is really mad at me.
6
7 As a last attempt at damage control, try the full update anyway. Remove
8 "fglrx" from VIDEO_CARDS and replace it with "radeon" (I assume you have
9 a Radeon card?) Delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf and see what happens. Maybe
10 the recent xorg driver for Radeons supports the S-Video port of your
11 card correctly. At least that's what I'm seeing while googling for
12 "xf86-video-ati S-Video".