From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gdm not coming up
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:47:10
1 On 4/6/06, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I just set up xdm and gdm and xdm is coming up fine but I never see
3 > gdm. I followed the instructions here:
4
5 Did you modify /etc/rc.conf to set DISPLAYMANAGER="gdm"? How are you
6 starting X - startx, /etc/init.d/xdm start, ?
7
8 -James
12 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xfce4
13 >
14 > and created the specified file here:
15 >
16 > /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/xfce42.desktop
17 >
18 > although I think I did that before starting xdm for the first time if
19 > that makes any difference. Did I put that file in the right place?
20 > These files already exist:
21 >
22 > /etc/X11/dm/Sessions/xfce.desktop
23 > /usr/share/xsessions/xfce.desktop