From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libusb upgraded failed with USE "doc"
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 19:23:11
1 Hello Dale,
2
3 > > Do you need the doc USE flag? Unless you are coding with the package,
4 > > you normally do not need it. The flag enables extra documentation,
5 > > not the standard man/info pages.
6
7 > Is this normally true for other packages? I have doc set in my USE line
8 > and I thought it was for the man/info pages. I have to have those, even
9 > though I don't always understand them. lol
10
11 % grep doc /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
12 doc - Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc)
13
14 man, info and doc pages are installed by default. To change this, add
15 "noman noinfo nodoc" to FEATURES.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.