From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] escape from i3lock
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 21:00:46
1 On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 09:52:55PM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 15:23:08 -0400, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
3 >
4 > > Which init are you using, what display manager, and how are you
5 > > launching it? I'm using systemd and sddm, and when I run `i3lock', I
6 > > cannot switch to different virtual consoles.
7 >
8 > I use slock for this with the same problem. I just tried i3lock, with
9 > systemd and sddm, and I can still switch to a virtual console.
12 I just don't know what I'm doing - I can switch virtual consoles too. I
13 had no idea that I had to press Ctrl + Alt + F[1-9].
14
15 Based on a cursory look[1] I'd guess this would be something that
16 i3lock has to implement. Or just workaround by using tmux or screen
17 instead of virtual consoles as someone else suggested.
18
19 Alec
20
21 1. https://askubuntu.com/questions/357039/how-do-i-disable-virtual-consoles-tty1-6