From: Andrew Wilkinson <drukargin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mutliboot USB + Gentoo LiveDVD 11?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 18:43:20
1 I am trying to make a multiboot USB stick that includes the Gentoo 11.0
2 LiveDVD. I am using
3 http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-multiple-iso-from-usb-via-grub2-using-linux/as
4 a general guide, and have a menuentry {} that
5 *almost* works. However, gentoo can't find the squashfs, because it doesn't
6 know to mount the iso and look there. Other distros, like ubuntu or the
7 systemrescuecd, have facilities like iso-scan/filename, isoloop, isofrom,
8 and findiso; however I have tried all of those as arguments to the gentoo
9 kernel to no avail.
10
11 I may just put the squashfs image in the usb drive directly and work from
12 there, but I'd rather keep everything within the iso if at all possible.
13 Does anyone here know if there's a simple way to tell the gentoo livedvd
14 kernel to look at an iso file to find its squashfs image?
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 -Andy