From: Teemu Vartiainen <vartiainen.teemu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Somewhat OT. Building a rig. Want to get opinions before spending $$$
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:15:10
1 2010/11/28 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 > GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.  The only
5 > thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't have a com port for my
6 > UPS.  I guess a adapter will be found somewhere.
7 >
8 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675
11 > I was diggin around for some more info on this mobo.  I found this on the
12 > website:
13 >
14 > Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please
15 > download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
16 >
17 > This chipset is supported right?  From what I found, it uses the standard
18 > SATA drivers but want to make sure.  Searching with google returns some old
19 > problems but I couldn't find anything recent.  Is it working fine now?
20 >
21 > Thoughts?
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
28 I'm not sure about that older chipset (770) but i have MSI 890GXM-G65
29 mobo and that works fine.
30
31 Vartsu