From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey, Linux and bank websites.
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 06:09:29
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm hoping someone can explain this to me and maybe even offer a
4 workaround. This may only apply to us U.S. folks. Banks and credit
5 card company are in the process of changing the way you log into a
6 website. It "registers" your computer when you sign up as a security
7 "feature". Problem is, this doesn't work with Linux and I suspect it
8 doesn't work on a Mac either. I'm not sure, nor can I find out, what it
9 uses to "register" my computer. It may be a CPU serial number or
10 something like that.
11
12 I also don't know if this is Linux or the web browser, I use Seamonkey.
13 I plan to test a theory at my brothers that uses winders XP and
14 Seamonkey to see if it works up there.
15
16 Does anybody have a clue if this is Linux itself, the browser or a
17 combination of both? I'm not buying and installing winders either.
18 LOL I may close my account and go back to cash but I'm not using
19 winders. If you go here, https://www.mycardstatement.com/ and click on
20 the link for "read more" it will let you download a .pdf file. It gives
21 a little more info.
22
23 Any ideas?? Am I cooked?
24