From: Jack Byer <ftn768@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Full disk encryption
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 19:41:14
1 Dale wrote:
2
3 > Did you use a howto for Dracut? If so, have a link you could post? I
4 > tried making a init thingy and after about 20 failed reboots, I scraped
5 > the idea. I was trying to follow the howto on the Gentoo wiki I think.
6 > The unofficial wiki.
9 I had some difficulties because the way I was doing things before with my
10 homebrew solution was... non-standard.
11
12 The problem areas that I remember from the transition were: setting the USE
13 flags correctly to build the modules I needed, initially confusing
14 dracutmodules and add_dracutmodules in dracut.conf (actually you probably
15 don't even need to edit that file at all), making sure to have a sane
16 /etc/fstab line for the root file system and passing the right root= kernel
17 command line. root=UUID=... works the best in my experience.