From: Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux viruses
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 16:37:45
1 On 7/5/2013 11:12 PM, Dale wrote:
2 > I since did some googling and it seems I am right and he just thought I
3 > was some know nothing guy he could sell some service too. Anyway, has
4 > anything changed to make Linux more prone to viruses than it used to
5 > be? I read a percentage somewhere that said like 99% of viruses are
6 > windoze only. Is there a indisputable source of information on this?
7
8 Linux is inherently more secure than Windows, but it isn't so much more
9 secure that only 1% of all viruses can attack it. Virus developers don't
10 have a financial incentive to develop Linux viruses (not enough Linux
11 users, most Linux users knowledgeable about computers, and moral reasons).
14 Timur Aydin